Corpus Christi is committed to providing its students with personalised learning that is motivating, engaging and empowering.
Through our use of enhanced and modern technology as a learning tool in the classroom, our students are provided with skills that will prepare them for future learning.
We believe that the internet is a powerful tool that provides students with instant access to a variety of quality resources and links them to the wider community. We are equipped with the latest technology to ensure students have the required access to complete relevant and stimulating learning tasks.
- digital still cameras and digital video cameras are also available and create many opportunities for creative learning
- our students having access to laptops and iPads, allowing for mobile classrooms
- all students have access to interactive whiteboards in their classrooms, to allow for interesting, hands-on lessons
- the school is equipped with desktop computers and interactive whiteboards to assist students in their learning and research
In the classroom
Students work with a wide range of applications, programs and websites to enhance their learning and allow for creative collaboration between students. These programs support our 21st century approach to learning and are available on all devices throughout the school. Our range of applications currently includes:
- The Google suite (Gmail/Drive/Slide/Docs/Classroom)
- ClickView (video housing site)
- Eggy Apps - Numbers/Words/Alphabet
- Sunshine Online
- Digital applications e.g. iMovie, Garageband, Book Creator
- Reading A-Z app
Our teachers are passionate about integrating technology into student learning and school experiences to further help the development of digital skills and knowledge. Technology is also utilised to support students in the Learning Support Program.
Students also work with a variety of educational apps that can be used at home. For more information about this, please view our list of Educational Apps for Parents
Opportunities for students
The use of technology throughout the school often ties into other key learning areas to support the learning of students across all subjects. Students will have opportunities to develop their knowledge and skills with technology, allowing them to further their creative outlets, for example, creating a movie or short video to present their findings from a certain subject.
The opportunities and lessons provided to students when using technology include:
- basic operations and concepts
- word processing
- graphic design
- internet and email
- creating spreadsheets
- using databases
- social and ethical issues using technology
- web design
- pod casting
Come and see learning in action at Corpus Christi!
We’d love a chance to show you how learning works for young people in our school. Our dedicated teachers plan the learning in detail to help each student do their best.