At Corpus Christi, we are working to build a fair and just world by living our school motto as the Body of Christ.
As a school community, we try to live our motto by:
- engaging in Religious Education lessons based on the Parramatta Diocesan curriculum, Sharing Our Story
- living out Catholic values that underpin the life of the school community
- bringing the stories of the Bible to life through play and re-enactment utilising materials and small models. This is done in K-3 Exploring Scripture
- attending school and grade Masses – active participation in the liturgy
- attending lkturgies of thanksgiving
- leading prayer at Tuesday assemblies based on the values of the Gospel. Each class, K-6, takes turns each week
- gathering in prayer and reflection as a staff
- offering student prayer in chapel each Thursday
- praying and meditating in classes
- raising money for various groups in need both within and outside of the Cranebrook community
- having visual reminders of our faith within the office foyer and learning areas
- encouraging students to plan and lead prayer on various occasions (during class and various celebrations)
- encouraging children to work for social justice by raising awareness and campaigns for assistance for St Vincent de Paul, the Missions, East Timor and Project Compassion.
We at Corpus Christi are proud of our faith and live it each day in the way we care for each other. As the Body of Christ, we are part of God’s family and work together to live out the Gospel values such as love, forgiveness, compassion and peace.
Come and see learning in action at Corpus Christi!
We’d love a chance to show you how learning works for young people in our school. Our dedicated teachers plan the learning in detail to help each student do their best.